Mercury is hiring a designer to join our stealth B2B fintech startup. You would be the sole designer on a big project that will shape the tech landscape. The team is small, so you will have a crucial role in making a product people love.
- Are comfortable working as the sole/primary designer on a sizable greenfield project.
- Can create beautiful, usable dashboards for web and mobile.
- Can handle a full design stack including UX design, marketing pages, branding, user testing, and whatnot.
- Like to think critically about product.
- Want to think up novel ways to simplify life.
- Like thinking.
- Have interests.
- Enjoy working with nice people and having a high degree of autonomy.
- Wouldn't let us release such an ugly job post.
- Added bonus: experience with HTML/CSS.
- Company that thinks about product, happy users, thinking critically, helping each other solve problems, having some small to medium amount of fun.
- 401(K) matching
- Stocked kitchen and bar
- With a great blender
- And panini maker
- Custom equipment setup
- Book budget
- Record budget
- Wirecutter recommended surge protectors
- Exposed brick in the office
- We work hard but don’t expect people to come in late into the night or weekend unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Culture at Mercury
- Be super helpful: go above and beyond to solve problems. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Be product focused: everyone should ask themselves how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.
- Be humble: treat everyone with respect and leave egos at the door.
- Be curious: ask questions and present your ideas. We don’t expect employees to stay in their box and are happy to see contributions from engineers on product and strategy.
- Don’t be boring: have passions or be completely devoid of all passions and spend time on things outside work.
- Think actively: question processes, create products to fix customer pain points, think about the best way to do something rather than go by how it’s always been done, think through questions you’re asked and give thoughtful responses.
- Maximize productivity: get the best equipment and software, get rid of unnecessary meetings and management.
- Move fast but don’t break things :)
Mercury is backed by 6 million in seed funding from a Tier A VC. It's currently a team of 3 founders, led by Immad Akhund (previously founded Heyzap, acquired for 45m).
To apply, please send portfolio/resume or anything you think would be helpful in evaluating you as a candidate (conference talks, past work, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.